Of course “Fluffy” is a valued part of the family. So how do you start choosing a reliable person to groom her?
It takes lots of careful handling to properly groom your dog, not forgetting the precautions required around dangerous, sharp implements like scissors and electric clippers? A puppy (or cat) groomer will be bathing you pet in soapy water and rinsing thoroughly. We surely aren’t going to trust her to “just anybody”.
Listed below are five basic tips to choose a specialist Dog grooming fort lauderdale .
1. Ask around. Every time a dog leaves the groomer, this is a walking advertisement. Speak to your veterinarian, your kennel manager, your neighbor. In the event that you see a dog on the street with a style you prefer, stop the owner and ask where in fact the dog was groomed. Folks are usually very willing to discuss their pets, especially their new “do”.
Some veterinary offices have policies never to refer clients to any certain groomer or breeder. Don’t despair; ask more specific questions like “Perhaps you have treated any problems out of this groomer, such as cuts or clipper abrasions? Have you had any complaints concerning this groomer?”
2. Call the groomer you are considering using. Ask him/her questions. Did you go to grooming school or apprentice with a professional groomer? How long are you grooming? Have you got much experience with (insert your breed here)? Have you got a problem putting poodle feet on the cocker? (Or various other non-standard clip?) Are you currently an associate of any professional grooming organization? There’s a national organization called National Dog Groomers of America Association and many states have their own groomers’ organizations.
3. Require proper certification. Some states require that groomers are qualified and certified in flea/tick applications. So ask if he or she is properly certified.
4. Be patient. Keep in mind that groomers are usually on an exceptionally tight schedule. Ask him/her if indeed they would be able to call you back again to answer these questions when they may have ample time and energy to talk. It’s hard to answer questions while fluff drying a dog. You ought to be qualified to create a rapport with the groomer that will provide you with a standard impression. Hopefully it will be a good impression.
5. Trust your intuition. Simply by asking around you will be able find answers to almost all of your questions. Utilizing a groomer for the very first time can be a disconcerting experience. If you have done some research by asking around and then place your trust in your groomer and then visit a good result … you’ll be able to pamper yourself, too, like “Fluffy” was pampered.